The Kentucky Wounded Heroes Scholarship Fund was created to provide funding for individuals qualifying as “Wounded Heroes” to develop physically, civically and socially through activities sponsored by Kentucky Wounded Heroes, Inc.
In order to apply for this scholarship, candidates must:
- Be properly identified by a qualified prior/current employer (military, law enforcement, and fire department and/or EMS unit) as a “Wounded Hero” by either an award of a purple heart, Veterans Affairs service connection ratings, and/or Line of Duty investigations for military members, a document line of duty injury for law enforcement personnel, firefighters or Emergency Medical Response personnel.
- Be 18-years of age or older by the date the scholarship is to be awarded.
- Be qualify in all ways (including physically, medically, mentally and socially) to participate in the specific activity for which the scholarship will be applicable.
- Agree to attend and you must agree to comply with all requirements and guidelines for the specific activity for which the scholarship is to be awarded.
- Have current or prior membership and/or leadership experience in an entity comprised of “first responders.”
- Complete and return scholarship application by either email or mail before set deadline for event.
The Board of Directors or Scholarship Fund Committee of Kentucky Wounded Heroes, Inc. will determine the grant of scholarships (subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of Kentucky Wounded Heroes, Inc. if the selection is by the Scholarship Fund Committee). No member of the Board of Directors or Scholarship Fund Committee, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for scholarship assistance during his or her tenure on Board and/or Scholarship Fund Committee. The Board of Directors retains the right to withhold scholarship grants for any reason. The race, religion, gender and/or physical/medical/mental capabilities of an applicant shall not be a consideration for the grant of a scholarship unless the activity for which the scholarship is to be awarded is limited/restricted to persons with specified physical/medical/mental capabilities.
Fill out the form below or download the form. If filling out the online form, you must attach a copy of your signature.